Mental Madhilo is one film which has created a good buzz all over. On the eve of the film’s release, we caught up with the film’s heroine, Nivetha Pethuraj for a brief interview. Here is the transcript.
About your background?
I was born in Tamil Nadu and brought up in Dubai. My dad is a Tamilian whereas mom is from Andhra. As soon as I won the Miss India Dubai competition, I got a film offer. Since then, I have acted in four Tamil films and Mental Madhilo is my debut film.
Your role in the film?
I play a very independent girl called Swetcha in the film. My role is very down to earth and quite close to how all independent women are in real life.
Being a half Telugu, why didn’t you dub in your own voice?
I understand Telugu quite well but cannot speak the language. I worked very hard on the language and did the film. But somehow, the makers felt that my voice should be dubbed.
Working experience with Sree Vishnu?
Sree Vishnu is one actor who talks very less. I had a lot of issues during the shoot initially as Sree Vishnu was very silent. We even did many scenes without even talking to each other off set. But as time passed by we got along quite well.
In Tamil, two of my films are ready for release. I am eagerly waiting for this film’s release and feel that the success will bring me good offers.
- Interview : Sumanth – Malli Raava will surely impress the audience
- Interview : The stunts in Hello will be of Hollywood standards – Nagarjuna
- Interview : Audience will remember me as Seetha for a long time – Karunya Chowdary
- Last forty-five minutes will be the highlight of Sapthagiri LLB – Sapthagiri
- Interview : Sree Vishnu – I choose scripts which only suit me