Maverick director Puri Jagan, has always manged to make movies with unique content. He is now back with yet another youthful entertainer in Heart Attack. The movie has hit the screens yesterday, and Puri caught up with the media to share his views about the film. Lets see what he has to say.
1. How is the response for Heart Attack?
The response is really good. Reports are very positive, and I am very happy with the way Heart Attack has fared.
2. Don’t you think your film has received mixed response?
Even though we got mixed reviews, the overall response is pretty good. Everybody has their own opinion and we cannot please everyone.
3. Why did you set your movie in Spain?
Heart Attack is a simple and quite common love story. If i had based the movie in India, it wouldn’t have had that effect. So decided to give Nithin a new look, and chose Spain as the backdrop.
4. How was it working with Nithin ?
I had an amazing time working with Nithin. He has grown immensely as an actor, and has done an awesome job in the film.
5. Why did you select Adah Sharma as the heroine ?
We had auditioned lot of girls for the film but after seeing Adah’s look, I thought she would fit the role perfectly.
6. Visuals in the film look amazing. Was any special care taken for it?
All the credit goes to cinematographer Amol Rathod. Its my fourth film with him, and the way he has shot the film is stunning.
7. The entire first half revolves around a kiss, but you did not showcase it in the film. Any special reason.?
I desperately wanted to keep it in the film, but drew back as i thought that censor would have objections with it.
8. Why did you decide to produce this film ?
I always produced films previously, but took a little break for some time. I will now continuously produce films in my banner.
9. What kind of films you want to produce?
I want to introduce directors who will make new age cinema. In fact, after a certain period of time, I will only produce films and settle down as a writer.
10. When everybody is taking at least a year to make a film, How do you mange to make films so fast ?
Somehow, I feel that I have very less time, and I want to make the most of it.
11. How is your next film with Mahesh going to be?
Right now I have no idea. After a small break I will start writing for that film.
- Interview : Simran Pareenja, Samyuktha Hegde- Kirrak Party will take back the audience to their college days
- Interview : Anil Sunkara – Kirrak Party showcases the journey of an engineering student
- Interview : Nikhil- I never had any differences with my producers
- Interview : Malkapuram Sivakumar – Ye Mantram Vesave is a romantic thriller
- Interview – Srikanth – My film does not have a director