Don’t you think you are promoting your film way too much?
Laughs! The same question was asked to me in Vijayawada. I feel that when you do a film it’s your duty to take it to the audience and make them watch the movie. For this, you need to use which ever way technique possible and take the film deep into the audience and I am doing the same.
Tell us something interesting about this film?
Many feel that it is a hardcore political film which it is not. The film has an emotional love story which is narrated in a very realistic and hard hitting manner. Every thing happens because of Kajal’s character and how I take things in control during the second half is the whole story about.
About taking Teja as a director?
I never believe in director’s past failures and only see his talent. Teja is a class apart and he was the right one to direct this film which is quite emotional and realistic. He has put in some of his real life experiences also in the narrative.
Your career has grown tremendously. How do you see it?
I clearly know my strengths and I am not a main stream commercial hero. Knowing this, I took calculated risks and am very happy that all of them have paid off well. Be it Baahubali, Leader or Ghazi the audience have started accepting my films are expecting something new from me which is a huge honor.
About Tollywood’s growth in the recent times?
Telugu cinema has come a long way post Baahubali. We are no were behind as all our films are doing stunning business. The entire country is looking towards us and I feel that it is a golden phase for the industry.
- Interview : Taapsee – Anando Brahma’s concept will attract everyone
- Exclusive Interview : Mahi V Raghav – Anando Brahma is not a regular horror-comedy film
- Interview : Miryala Ravinder Reddy – Boyapati and I will again work on a project soon
- Exclusive Interview : Hanu Ragahavapudi – Stylish narration will be the highlight in LIE
- Interview : Boyapati Sreenivas – I design mass elements depending on hero’s image
Articles that might interest you