After the success of Uyyala Jampala, director Virinchi Varma has come up with yet another love story Majnu. On the eve of the film’s release, we caught up with him for a brief interview. Let’s see what he has to say.
What is the film all about ?
Majnu is a unique love story. How a man who broke up recently, goes about winning his love back is the story all about. The twist is that there are two heroines here.
What made you choose Nani ?
From the time I was writing the script, I always had Nani in mind and luckily he accepted the role. Also, there were a few interesting points in the film which would be received well if a star like Nani would deliver it properly.
Your working experience with Nani ?
I had a great time working with him. Nani is a brilliant actor and the way he performs in different situations is just adorable. He will leave you in splits in this film and at the same time has carried the entire film on his shoulders.
What kind of role Rajamouli is playing in the film ?
As Nani plays an assistant director who works for Rajamouli, the ace director will just be seen in a brief scene. Raj Tharun too plays a small cameo in the film.
How confident are you about the film ?
I am very happy with the output. The film has turned out quite well and I feel that it will impress everyone.
Upcoming projects ?
As of now, I am done with a script and have at least three stars in mind. I will approach them soon and will finalise someone.
- Exclusive Interview : Sudheer Varma – I was floored by Trivikram’s compliments
- Interview : Chaitanya Akkineni- Samantha has been the calming factor in my life
- Interview : Nagarjuna – Chaitanya has opened up like never before in Rarandoi
- Interview : Vennela Kishore – Keshava has taken my career to the next level
- Interview : Pleaded Kalyan to cast me in Rarandoi – Rakul Preet
Articles that might interest you