Hema Malini, the original ‘Dream Girl’ and iconic actress, has been awarded the 2011 Akkineni Nageswara Rao Award Honouring Service to Indian Cinema. She will be presented with a citation, a memento and a cash award of 5 Lakh rupees.
The ceremony will take place at N -Convention in Madhapur on the 26th of December. The glittering ceremony would be attended by a host of celebrities and VVIP’s from all walks of life. Some of the famous recipients of this award in the past have included Dr Lata Mangeshkar, Director Dr. Balachander, Smt Anjali Devi etc.
The award was established in the year 2005 and it is awarded once a year to a distinguished personality from the Indian Film Industry.
- Koratala Siva hopes for a robust change in education system
- Star director all set to shoot for his acting cameo
- Controversial dialogues to be deleted from Mersal?
- Nikhil’s next wraps up its North Indian schedule
- TN doctors to storm social media with Mersal’s piracy links