In what comes as a respite to thousands of women make up artists in India, the Supreme court of India has recently passed a judgement allowing female make up artists to work in the film industry across the country. The ban which was imposed 59 years ago came to an end when a group of 9 women make up artists filed a petition in the Supreme court of India challenging the ban.
The court told India’s Cine Costume Make-up Artists and Hair Dressers Association to end its ban on female make-up artists immediately – or it would order it to do so. The court gave the association 7 days to respond to the judgement.
- Suriya not part of the prestigious biopic
- Venkatesh All Praises For Sudha Kongara
- First look of Nithiin’s next to be unveiled soon
- Interview : I’m a very disciplined actor- Victory Venkatesh
- Mahesh23’s first look delayed yet again
Articles that might interest you