Actor Aditya Om was a name to reckon with when director YVS Chowdary’s Lahiri Lahiri Lahiri Lo became a huge hit more than a decade ago. However, the actor couldn’t cash in on the success and went into oblivion for a long period.
Yesterday, Aditya Om’s directorial debut, Friend Request, released in a fewer screens. Failing to get the desired number of theaters, Aditya staged a protest at the Film Chamber and told the media that Friend Request is a result of his two-and-a-half years hard work and that he had spent 4.5 crore on the film.
Aditya lamented that the film, which was supposed release in 30 theatres across Nizam, got just one screen in Hyderabad. The actor-director further said that the film was supposed to release in close to 150 screens across the two Telugu states, but the final screen count was limited to only 30 theatres.
“If this is the case, how can I get my investment back? The film deserves minimum number of screens and I won’t end my protest until the issue is resolved”, Aditya told the media.
- Baahubali is the best Indian film made till date: Karan Johar
- Rakul Preet gifts herself an expensive SUV
- Prabhas had his fans in splits at Mahanubhavudu’s event
- Bollywood superstar behind Sachin’s daughter’s acting debut?
- Mahesh’s whirlwind promotions creating a huge buzz for Spyder
Articles that might interest you