Released in 1991, Mani Ratnam’s emotional crime drama, Thalapathi, starring the stalwarts of South Indian cinema Rajinikanth and Mammootty, went on to become a huge hit. In the movie, legendary playback singers Yesudas and SP Balasubramaniam sang the super hit number ‘Singarala Pairullona’.
Now, after more than 26 years, both the veteran singers recorded a song together for an upcoming Tamil-Malayalam bilingual titled Keni (Kinaru in Malayalam). The film has actresses like Jayaprada, Revathi, Anu Haasan etc. Keni/Kinaru is directed by MA Nishad and the music is composed by Jeyachandran.
- Update on Sridevi’s funeral
- Which is your favourite film ?
- Sridevi : Tollywood remembers its Athiloka Sundari
- Celebs mourn Sridevi’s death
- End Of An Era : Legendary Diva Sridevi Passes Away