Smt. Akkineni Amala, wife of hero Nagarjuna, has been arrested today by the Charminar police in connection with a Greenpeace protest she attended and participated in. Amala along with other Greenpeace activists put up a banner on the historic Charminar to bring about awareness over the perils of coal mining and deforestation.
She was immediately released on bail after the arrest. Amala is an active participant in Animal rights and environmental causes and devotes her time considerably to these two activities.
- Hello’s censor completed, set for Dec 22 release
- SLB’s Padmavati to release next month?
- After US, Akhil is all set to perform in Hyderabad
- Dil Raju to produce a cute love story
- Raai Lakshmi to play a powerful cop in her next