Popular actress Amala Paul yesterday surrendered before the Thiruvananthapuram Crime Branch police in the vehicle tax evasion case. Amala allegedly submitted fake address proofs and other documents to fraudulently register her luxury car in Pondicherry to evade the 20 percent tax in her home state Kerala.
Currently, the Crime Branch IG is interrogating Amala Paul after the actress was charged with cheating, forgery and use of forged documents under section 420, 468 and 471 of the Indian Penal Code. The offences are non-bailable and Amala may face up to 7 years of rigorous imprisonment as punishment.
Earlier, the Crime Branch had also booked Malayalam star Fahadh Faasil and actor turned BJP MP Suresh Gopi with similar charges.
- Rana’s Popular Talk Show Gets A Kannada Makeover
- Adivi Sesh’s Spy Thriller To Be Shot In US
- ‘Jyothika Is A Lioness,’ Says Suriya’s Father
- NTR, Vijay Devarakonda Support A Public Awareness Campaign
- Young hero to marry the winner of a bridal contest