Indian pride and double Oscar winning musical wizard, AR Rahman is out of the race for the 87th Oscar Awards. The Mozart of Madras was in contention for the Oscar nomination in the Best Original Score category with three films ‘Million Dollar Arm’, ‘Hundred Foot Journey’ and Rajinikanth’s ‘Kochadaiiyan’. The Academy announced the final nominations for Oscars yesterday.
Four years ago, AR Rahman won the Oscar Awards for his score for the Hollywood film ‘Slumdog Millionaire’. Since then, Rahman has been a sought after music composer for several high profile Hollywood films. His latest score for Shankar’s ‘I’ has won appreciation and the musical genius is now busy composing for Mani Ratnam’s ‘Okay Bangaram’, Ashutosh Gowariker’s ‘Mohenjo daro’ and Hollywood film ‘Pele’.
The 87th Academy Awards will be presented on 22nd February.
- Gang going steady on weekdays
- 95% of politicians are rascals: Mohan Babu
- Here’s what Balakrishna will play when he turns 60
- All eyes on Achari America Yatra’s trailer
- Interview : Krishnam Raju- Marriage is definitely on Prabhas’s mind