Recently, the Tamil Nadu government decided to impose double taxation on movies in addition to the newly introduced GST, leading to a closure of the entire Tamil film industry. Many stars and producers like Kamal Haasan, Vishal, Siddharth, Shankar and AR Murugadoss etc lashed out at the TN government over the issue.
All eyes were then cast on Super Star Rajinikanth, the stalwart Tamil actor who’s gearing up for his political entry. Breaking his silence finally, Rajini tweeted in the wee hours of Wednesday, requesting the TN government to seriously consider the industry’s plea. Rajini also asked the government to keep in mind the livelihood of Lakhs of people in the tamil film industry.
Keeping in mind the livelihood of Lakhs of people in the tamil film industry, I sincerely request the TN GOVT to seriously consider our plea
— Rajinikanth (@superstarrajini) July 4, 2017
- Tamanna confirmed for Chay’s special song
- Nostalgic title for Chiru’s son-in-law Kalyaan’s debut film
- No truth in reports on Allu Sirish’s role in Suriya37
- Rajamouli’s tweet raises curiosity on a small film
- If not an actor, Prabhas would have become a