In the past, the 100 days milestone was a key part in determining whether a movie was a success or a failure at the Box Office. Big blockbusters had glorious runs of 175 days and so on, with some even running for more than year. The 100 days functions or 175 days functions were grand and gala affairs. But all that is a thing of the past.
These days, even the most successful and well received film is losing steam after 5 – 6 weeks. A massive release and emphasis on recovering money as fast as possible is the present trend. In this scenario, audio release functions are now turning into the 100 days functions of old.
Grand arrangements, huge crowds, the presence of all the top stars, distribution of mementos and victory speeches – they have become a part and parcel of an audio function. Producers are also said to be quite happy with audio functions as the events generate good buzz ahead of a film’s release.
So there you have it folks. The days of the ‘100 days function’ seem to be well and truly over. Have fun at audio launch events instead
- Malayalam Megastar’s Fans Troll Actress For Her Remarks
- Agnyaathavaasi 2nd in top 10 most liked South Indian movie teasers
- Tollywood Gears Up To Party Hard For NYE 2018
- My reputation as a successful distributor took a hit: Dil Raju
- Popular actor-filmmakers provides stories to two top banners