Baahubali 2 crossed the Rs 1000 crore mark at the box-office and it has already been hailed as the biggest blockbuster of all time. It’s also the first Indian film to hit this mark. Now, trade analysts in North India are eagerly waiting to see if the film can surpass two specific records that have been long held by Aamir Khan.
At the moment, Aamir Khan’s Dangal and PK hold the records for the biggest hits of all time in India, if you take only the Hindi version of the film. Dangal had collected Rs 374 crores (nett), whereas PK made Rs 337 crores (nett). Currently, Baahubali 2 is close to entering the Rs 300 crores club in Hindi alone and it’s already among the top 5 all time blockbusters in Hindi.
A leading box-office trade website reported that on second Friday and Saturday, Baahubali 2 collected Rs 46.5 crores, which is a new record, and it looks like the film could even manage to cross the Rs 450-500 crores (nett) for the Hindi version alone, which is mind-boggling. Going by the way it has captivated audiences’ interest, it looks like these numbers are very much possible.
- Tollywood stars give a thumbs up to Bharat Ane Nenu
- BAN registers a non-Baahubali 2 record opening in Krishna
- BAN’s day 1 Guntur collections, A non-Baahubali 2 record
- Bharat Ane Nenu sets an all-time record in Chennai
- Despite no offers, BAN eyes all-time top 3rd opening in US