The five member Oscar selection panel under the head of its jury and popular filmmaker Amol Palekar, is in Hyderabad to scrutinize over 45 films and select India’s official entry for the upcoming Academy Awards. As per the latest reports which quoted the Telugu Film Chamber of Commerce’s announcement, Baahubali is the official entry from the Telugu film industry.
Baahubali will be competing with Bollywood biggies like Aamir Khan’s PK, Anurag Kashyap’s Ugly, Vishal Bhardwaj’s Haider and Priyanka Chopra’s Mary Kom, apart from a spate of low budget indie gems like Masaan, Kaaka Muttai, Umrika etc.
The last official Telugu entry to the Oscars was K Viswanath-Kamal Haasan’s Swati Mutyam. We will have to wait until September 25th to know about the final selection.
- Will Boyapati spring another surprise with JJN’s teaser 2
- Sizzling beauty adopts a baby girl
- Vishnu loves to have twin girls again
- Teaser of first Indian space film to be out soon
- ‘SIT’ wraps up Sham K Naidu’s interrogation
Articles that might interest you