The five member Oscar selection panel under the head of its jury and popular filmmaker Amol Palekar, is in Hyderabad to scrutinize over 45 films and select India’s official entry for the upcoming Academy Awards. As per the latest reports which quoted the Telugu Film Chamber of Commerce’s announcement, Baahubali is the official entry from the Telugu film industry.
Baahubali will be competing with Bollywood biggies like Aamir Khan’s PK, Anurag Kashyap’s Ugly, Vishal Bhardwaj’s Haider and Priyanka Chopra’s Mary Kom, apart from a spate of low budget indie gems like Masaan, Kaaka Muttai, Umrika etc.
The last official Telugu entry to the Oscars was K Viswanath-Kamal Haasan’s Swati Mutyam. We will have to wait until September 25th to know about the final selection.
- Nara Rohith’s multi-starrer gets bigger
- Rajini to float his political party in October?
- Team Baahubali kick-starts work on special treat for fans
- Raabta’s producer refutes Magadheera makers’ copyright allegations
- Press Note : Keshava USA – $8 Killing @ Box Office
Articles that might interest you