The old guard is making way for the young brigade in Tollywood. While Megastar Chiranjeevi has retired from his active movie career, Balakrishna, Venkatesh and Nagarjuna have not had a good time at the Box Office.
The three big actors were all but written off by trade analysts. While younger actors like Pawan,Mahesh , NTR and Ram Charan were pulling in 40CR+ revenues easily, the Big 3 were struggling to touch the 25 Crore mark.
But Nandamuri Balakrishna is one actor who still enjoys good mass appeal and with ‘Legend’, he has reasserted his Box Office stamina once again. He is giving the younger actors a run for their money with this film.
Take Krishna district for example. The film’s full run share is expected to touch the 2.5Crore mark in this area. This on par with the figures achieved by the younger heroes. Venkatesh and Nagarjuna have not even come close to this mark.
Legend is continuing its solid run across the state and it is on target to eclipse ‘Simha’, Balakrishna’s previous best.
- NTR-Trivikram gear up to achieve the impossible
- Ram-Praveen Sattaru’s action thriller to be shot in Europe
- Bollywood actress learns Malayalam for Shakeela biopic
- Bhagyashree To Learn Telugu For ‘2 States’ Remake
- Suriya, Karthi Set The Right Example For Other Stars