Vikram – Bhetal stories are an integral part of our folklore. Perhaps many of you remember reading the stories in Chandamama books. Now the latest buzz doing the rounds in Filmnagar is that Nandamuri Balakrishna will soon be seen in a socio-fantasy movie which is based on the Vikram – Bhetal story. The movie will most probably be a remake of Legend NTR’s 1960 flick ‘Bhatti Vikramarka’, which deals with the same story.
The movie had NTR as King Vikramarka, Kanta Rao as Bhatti, S.V. Ranga Rao as the Mantrikudu and Anjali Devi as Prabhavathi Devi. The movie was a commercial success and is regarded as an all time favourite classic. The remake will be produced by Yalamanchili Sai Babu, who made the critically acclaimed ‘Sri Rama Rajyam’ last year. Other details about the project are awaited.
- Star hero as chief guest in Spyder’s Tamil launch?
- Poll : Which of these films will be a bigger hit?
- Bollywood actress secretly ties the Knot
- Bharath Ane Nenu’s Lucknow schedule ends abruptly
- Star director to unveil Uyyalawada’s motion poster
Articles that might interest you