Of late, Telugu film industry is witnessing a string of low budget horror and thriller films that are ending up as decent money spinners for their producers. The latest to join the bandwagon is Hansika, Laksmi Raai and Andrea starrer ‘Chandrakala’. The film was released last week and it has received a mixed response from critics and moviegoers.
However, the film’s producers are now a happy lot since the film has been picked up by MaaTV for Rs. 90 lakhs, which is very good for the dubbed film’s size and budget. Horror and thriller genre films attract a huge family audience who prefer to watch such films on a weekend, and this is considered to be one of the primary reasons behind the channel’s lucrative offer.
- Producer Criticises Prakash Raj For His Remarks On Modi
- Varun Tej’s New Look Is A Hit
- Bollywood superstar to kick-start Mahabharata ahead of Rajamouli?
- Hello’s censor completed, set for Dec 22 release
- SLB’s Padmavati to release next month?