Of late, Telugu film industry is witnessing a string of low budget horror and thriller films that are ending up as decent money spinners for their producers. The latest to join the bandwagon is Hansika, Laksmi Raai and Andrea starrer ‘Chandrakala’. The film was released last week and it has received a mixed response from critics and moviegoers.
However, the film’s producers are now a happy lot since the film has been picked up by MaaTV for Rs. 90 lakhs, which is very good for the dubbed film’s size and budget. Horror and thriller genre films attract a huge family audience who prefer to watch such films on a weekend, and this is considered to be one of the primary reasons behind the channel’s lucrative offer.
- Eega villain turns Salman’s nemesis?
- Balakrishna-Puri film’s new schedule gets a date
- Baahubali’s Tamil distributor makes an interesting statement
- Update on Mister’s audio and release date
- Mahesh23 gets a tentative audio launch date
Articles that might interest you