Released on January 1st, the teaser of Devudaa, an upcoming low budget thriller, created a huge controversy as it showed its actors, dressed up as aghoras, pouring cigarettes, meat and liquor on a Shivalinga.
The right wing Hindu group Bhajrangdal took offense to this audacious exploitation of creative freedom and threatened the film’s unit of physical attack if the controversial scenes are not deleted from the final film.
In his response, the film’s director Sairam Dasari apologized to all the Hindus for hurting their religious sentiments. The director further explained that the film was based on true incidents that happened in Bangalore and assured that the scenes in question will be deleted from the movie.
- Bunny, Pooja missed SFS, but made it to DJ
- Bunny’s Co-Star Takes Music Lessons
- Naga Shaurya Thrilled About His Tamil Debut
- First look of Rana’s NRNM to be out soon?
- Nara Rohit’s Kathalo Rajakumari gets a release date
Articles that might interest you