Released on January 1st, the teaser of Devudaa, an upcoming low budget thriller, created a huge controversy as it showed its actors, dressed up as aghoras, pouring cigarettes, meat and liquor on a Shivalinga.
The right wing Hindu group Bhajrangdal took offense to this audacious exploitation of creative freedom and threatened the film’s unit of physical attack if the controversial scenes are not deleted from the final film.
In his response, the film’s director Sairam Dasari apologized to all the Hindus for hurting their religious sentiments. The director further explained that the film was based on true incidents that happened in Bangalore and assured that the scenes in question will be deleted from the movie.
- Vishnu loves to have twin girls again
- Teaser of first Indian space film to be out soon
- ‘SIT’ wraps up Sham K Naidu’s interrogation
- Popular Anchor Rules Out Entering Bigg Boss House
- Bollywood star for Karna’s role in India’s most expensive film?
Articles that might interest you