There’s no stopping Aamir Khan’s Dangal. This Bollywood blockbuster continues to win hearts in China and set new records. After surpassing the $300 million (Rs.1,960 crore approx) mark this week, Dangal has now become the 5th highest grossing non-English movie in the history of world cinema.
Dangal is next only to the all-time highest earning foreign movies such as China’s The Mermaid ($533 million) and Monster Hunt ($486 million), France’s The Intouchables ($427 million) and Japan’s Your Name ($354 million).
Dangal currently stands 5th with $301 million ($179.8 million from China and Taiwan and $84.4 million from India) and looks all set to cross Your Name in its full run. Dangal was directed by Nitesh Tiwari.
- Pawan Kalyan to launch Trivikram-NTR film
- South film industry’s bandh to protest against GST
- Nikhil’s unwavering trust in his friends continues
- Adirindhi’s release date sealed
- RGV announc details of his film with Nag