Telugu film industry is shattered with the series of disasters which left the producers of a few big budget films in severe losses. To tackle this issue and lessen their losses to an extent, the Telugu Film Producers’ Council members are reportedly toying with various ideas.
Apparently, the TFPC members submitted a proposal to the Telangana government requesting it to make way for computerisation of the ticketing system. With this, every theater will be connected to a network and the number of tickets sold will be reflected in real-time, providing a transparent assessment of how the film is faring at the ticket counters.
This system will also help the government to collect entertainment tax properly. The Telangana government has reportedly shown interest in the proposal, while the council is awaiting a quick, favourable response.
- Vijayendra Prasad’s interesting definition of ‘wholesome entertainment’
- Date locked for PSPK25’s first look
- Jawaan gets censor clearance
- Oxygen gets a new release date
- Nara Rohit, Regina to grace Balakrishnudu’s US premiere