Here comes a big news for all Dhanush fans. As per the latest reports, Dhanush is in talks with Marjane Satrapi, the French-Iranian filmmaker, for a film titled “The Extraordinary Journey of the Fakir Who Got Trapped in an Ikea Wardrobe.” The film is an adaptation of the bestselling English novel with the same name. Icing on the cake is that Dhanush is expected to play the lead role in the film.
The film’s director Marjane Satrapi herself revealed this news at the ongoing Cannes Film Festival. The film traces the adventurous journey of a trickster who travels from New Delhi to France and his love story with a Parisian lady before he gets deported from France much against his will.
Marjane Satrapi is well-known for her French-Iranian animation film, Persepolis, which was nominated for the Best Animated feature at the 80th Academy Awards. Dhanush is already a popular star in the west, thanks to the phenomenal success of ‘Kolaveri Di’.
- Super Star Rajini salutes God’s own child, Rajamouli
- Veteran politician reveals who’s the real Baahubali of India
- Star actor’s house mobbed by protestors
- To mothers at home and Jawaans at the border: Pawan’s May Day greetings
- Kamal aspires to remake Vinod Khanna’s cult hit
Articles that might interest you