Last night, on the occasion of the 3rd National Handloom Day, actress Samantha organized the much talked about event, Woven – A Walk To Fashion. Woven was held in association with the Telangana government to raise awareness about the dying art of handloom weaving and revive handlooms.
Speaking at the event, Samantha gave a touching and enlightening speech. Samantha said that she had visited a handloom weaver’s house in a Telangana village sometime back and the weaver told her that his art would die along with him.
“Do we really want to be the generation that causes the death of tradition and culture?,” asked Samantha. She went on to reveal that her interactions with the weavers’ community made her realize the injustice being caused to them and that’s when she decided to lend a helping hand.
- Balayya’s audacious show in Paisa Vasool’s trailer
- Sai Pallavi Addresses Concerns About Her Skin
- All Eyes On ‘Anando Brahma’
- Fans enjoy being slapped by Balayya: Puri Jagannadh
- Poll : Will Chiru’s Uyyalawada click in Bollywood?
Articles that might interest you