Malayalam star Dulquer Salmaan’s new film, Solo, released on October 5th to mixed reviews. While the film and Dulquer’s performance received a positive response from a section of fans and critics, hardcore fans of the actor were disappointed with this experiment to an extent and went on to tell Dulquer that he should have totally avoided doing the film.
On the other hand, the film was taken off the screens right after the first day of its release in Tamil Nadu due to the theater strike. Adding to the woes, several theater managements donned the editor’s hat and chopped off several scenes in the climax to suit audience’s sensibilities.
Heartbroken with the happenings and the audiences’ reception for his favorite track Rudra, Dulquer took to Facebook and posted a lengthy open letter. Dulquer requested everyone not to mock or judge a passionate experiment and went on to beg not to kill Solo. Dulquer’s post has been winning a lot of support from all quarters and it remains to be seen if the film overpowers all the negativity around it.
- Senior hero’s younger son’s acting debut with a trilingual film
- Poll : Who among these two is a better actor?
- Indian Cinema is not all about song and dance: Karan Johar
- Raj Tarun-Ravi Babu-Vyjayanthi’s film to be revived?
- Fate of March releases to be decided on Feb 23