On the occasion of Malayalam star Dulquer Salmaan’s birthday yesterday, the makers of Mahanati unveiled a poster showcasing the actor in yesteryear hero Gemini Ganesan’s avatar. In his latest interview to a leading English daily, Dulquer opened up about his approach in reprising Gemini Ganesan.
“I cannot be Gemini Ganesan. I didn’t want to use prosthetics and change my look. We don’t have any visual recordings of Gemini Ganesan apart from his movies. I can’t imitate those exaggerated expressions when playing his real-life. I wanted to look like me in the film. So, I have approached the role as how I would have behaved if I was a big star in that era. It’s a great honor to be playing his characters,” said Dulquer.
- Chay-Venky’s multi-starrer to be high on family emotions
- Are all politicians corrupt? Vishnu’s fitting retort to BJP leader
- Raj Tarun to romance a Malayali beauty
- ‘I will continue to question’ Prakash Raj tells his trolls
- Speculations rife on Mahesh25’s title