On the occasion of Malayalam star Dulquer Salmaan’s birthday yesterday, the makers of Mahanati unveiled a poster showcasing the actor in yesteryear hero Gemini Ganesan’s avatar. In his latest interview to a leading English daily, Dulquer opened up about his approach in reprising Gemini Ganesan.
“I cannot be Gemini Ganesan. I didn’t want to use prosthetics and change my look. We don’t have any visual recordings of Gemini Ganesan apart from his movies. I can’t imitate those exaggerated expressions when playing his real-life. I wanted to look like me in the film. So, I have approached the role as how I would have behaved if I was a big star in that era. It’s a great honor to be playing his characters,” said Dulquer.
- Allu Sirish’s new film gets a launch date
- Four directors in consideration to helm NTR’s biopic
- Sai Dharam Tej clarifies reports on his film’s title, yet again
- We are all very friendly: Mahesh on his rapport with NTR, Charan
- BAN’s latest Krishna collections