Tamil Nadu is gearing up for general elections which will take place in May. Superstar Rajinikanth has already requested Kabali makers to postpone the film’s release to ensure smooth electioneering. Now, the State Election Commission is requesting the Superstar to act in an ad film in which he will encourage his fans and voters to go out and vote.
A large number of youths and senior citizens worship Rajinikanth and the Election Commission aims to utilize this craze to encouraging them to vote. As per the official statistics, only 67% of Chennai residents have voted in the last assembly elections.
Rajini, who is currently resting in his farmhouse after completing the hectic schedules of Kabali and 2.0, is yet to take a final call on the Election Commission’s request.
- Poll : Whose performance did you like the most in Awe?
- Ace cameraman for NTR’s next
- NTR’s mother makes a rare public appearance
- New schedule of Tej’s next goes on floors
- Leading Malayalam director to make his Bollywood debut