From the terrific combinations to the thunderous response to the film’s trailer, Tamil superstar Vijay’s Mersal, Adirindhi in Telugu, has everything going for it. Mersal is hitting the screens on October 18 as a Diwali treat.
However, the Tamil Film Producer’s Council’s (TFPC) decision to not release any new films is making Vijay’s fans and trade circles anxious. The logjam is due to the TN government’s newly imposed 10% local taxation in addition to the GST, which also resulted in a ticket hike.
Meanwhile, Mersal’s advance bookings have begun around the world and the film cannot afford a postponement at this juncture as several hundreds of crores are riding on it. The film’s producer Murali Ramasamy is hopeful that an amicable solution will arrive ahead of the film’s release.
- Kalyanram gets career’s best openings with MLA
- Balakrishna turns grandfather yet again
- Sailaja Reddy Alludu’s first look in May
- Star hero joins farming school to learn agriculture
- Interesting backdrop for Aadi’s next