Suriya is thrilled to have acted in a film like ‘Gang’, which, he says, helped him connect with his roots. Directed by Vignesh Shivan, the film has been produced by Gnanavel Raja and it’ll be released by UV Creations in Telugu.
Apparently, when Suriya first heard the script, he realised that he hadn’t done anything like this film in a long time. Later, when they began discussing the character, Vignesh Shivan took Suriya to a tea shop in Chennai, which was refreshing, according to Suriya.
“At the tea shop, Vignesh told me the journey of my character in the film starts from such a place. It reminded me of the days when I earned my first salary of Rs 726. It reminded me of the time when I travelled by bus to school and college. Working in this project helped me reconnect with my roots which I still haven’t forgotten,” Suriya said in a recent interview. The film is releasing in Telugu and Tamil on January 12.
- BAN registers a non-Baahubali 2 record opening in Krishna
- BAN’s day 1 Guntur collections, A non-Baahubali 2 record
- Bharat Ane Nenu sets an all-time record in Chennai
- Despite no offers, BAN eyes all-time top 3rd opening in US
- Excited Mahesh Babu thanks his fans