The local Censor Board has been coming under fire from all quarters these days. Filmmakers are angry about alleged double standards while social activists are fuming about a ‘failure’ to rein in blasphemous stuff. Now if Minister Sridhar Babu’s comments are anything to go by, the Government is gearing up to take action against the censor board. Speaking at a meet organized in Warangal yesterday, Minister Sridhar Babu said that he would speak to the Central Government and take necessary action.
The films ‘Cameraman Ganga tho Rambabu’, ‘Dhenikaina Ready’ and ‘Woman in Brahmanism’ became controversial for their alleged offensive content and caused sharp criticism of the board.
We will have to wait and see how this issue pans out.
- Yet another star hero to attend Jaydev’s event
- DJ’s four-day collections
- Prabhas to be seen in a cameo
- Mahesh is 7th in the Times 50 Most Desirable Men 2016 list
- Glad to be making my South debut with NTR: Ronit
Articles that might interest you