The confusion surrounding the implementation of GST has taken a major toll on Tamil film industry. Earlier this week, when the theatre owners realised that the government hasn’t issue any order about revising ticket prices, they announced that no films will be screened from July 3.
The news came as a rude shock to filmmakers and everyone urged the theatre owners to reconsider their decision. Earlier today, an important meeting was held by Tamil film producer’s council. Apparently, the council has decided that they are going to put pressure on the government to waive off the 30% local tax that it wants to levy on tickets.
Further, the council has urged the theatre owners to computerise the whole ticketing process and bring transparency and accountability into the system. It remains to be seen how key members from the Tamil industry are going to react to these new developments.
- NTR opens up about negativity on social media
- Vijay Antony’s Indra Sena In post-production
- Interview : NTR- I would love to do Rajamouli’s Mahabharata
- Raja The Great’s title song impresses
- Next Nuvve’s trailer promises decent comedy
Articles that might interest you