Director Gunasekhar is known for spending lavish amounts of money on his films, be it for sets or for costumes. He is currently busy with the film ‘Rudhrama Devi’ and it is being billed as India’s first stereoscopic historical 3D film. True to his nature, Gunasekhar is spending huge amounts of money on this film.
Anushka will be seen as the warrior queen Rudhrama Devi in the film and extensive research has gone into the making of her costumes and ornaments. Art director Thota Tharani has recreated these costumes and ornaments with the help of ancient texts and writings.
To get an authentic feel, real gold has been used for Anushka’s crown and other ornaments. This gold has been brought in from Chennai. Rana Daggubati, Krishnam Raju, Nithya Menen, Catherine Tresa and Baba Sehgal are essaying crucial roles in this movie.
Ilayaraja has composed the music for this movie. ‘Rudhrama Devi’ is expected to release in 2014.
- Grand pre-release event to step up the buzz for Mahanubhavudu
- Do Kamal and Shankar have a surprise in store for fans?
- Rajamouli condemns all reports
- Sye Raa’s shoot gets a date
- Arjun Reddy’s success makes Vijay Deverakonda more responsible
Articles that might interest you