Shankar, one of India’s most talented and visionary directors, celebrates his 50th birthday today. Born in Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu, Shankar finished his mechanical engineering before foraying into films. While in his college days, Shankar scripted and acted in a number of plays. Noted director S A Chadrasekhar watched one of his play and picked Sankar to assist him.
After assisting several directors, Shankar made his directorial debut with the blockbuster hit ‘Gentleman’. He has worked with some of the biggest South Indian stars and he was also instrumental in introducing Prabhu Deva as a hero. Some of his super hit films include Premikudu, Bharateeyudu, Jeans, Oke Okkadu, Shivaji and Aparichitudu.
Shankar scaled new heights with his visual effects extravaganza, ‘Robot’. Shankar’s films have an underlying social message and he mixes this nicely with entertainment. He is currently giving fishing touches to his latest film with Vikram, titled ‘Manoharudu’ in Telugu.
123telugu.com wishes this talented director a very Happy Birthday
- Vishnu’s Voter’s first look to be unveiled soon
- Poll : Which aspect of Khakee did you like the most?
- Interview : Nara Rohit – Working on Balakrishnudu was a new experience for me
- Ram Charan-Boyapati’s film to commence soon
- No six-pack from Nara Rohit in Balakrishnudu