As expected, SRK’s latest release, Happy New Year created history of sorts as it collected a whopping 44 crores on just the first day of its release. This is the highest ever amount for the first day in the history of Indian cinema. Dubbed into Telugu, this film managed 2 crores on the opening day and the Tamil version collected 94 lakhs.
Happy New Year is directed by Farah Khan and has Shahrukh Khan, Abhishek Bachchan and Deepika Padukone in lead roles. The film opened to packed houses all over and by the looks of it should cross the 200 crore mark in no time.
- Manchu Manoj’s Next To be Dubbed In Tamil
- Special Column : Sai Pallavi, the quintessential Sekhar Kammula heroine.
- Allari Naresh’s do or die film gets a date
- Interview : Taapsee – Anando Brahma’s concept will attract everyone
- Poll : Will Chiru’s Uyyalawada click in Bollywood?
Articles that might interest you