Sekhar Kammula is a busy man these days. While his upcoming film, Anaamika is gearing up for release, the director is being questioned repeatedly about his decision to change one of the most important aspects in the film. In the original version of Anaamika, Vidya Balan is a pregnant woman who goes to Kolkata in search of her husband; however, Sekhar Kammula’s version has Nayanthara as a normal person.
Recently, when Sekhar Kammula went to Chennai for the trailer launch of the film’s Tamil version, he was asked the same question by the local media. Defending his decision, Sekhar Kammula, referring to the pregnancy of the lead actress, said, “Kahaani had a brilliant script, but I didn’t like the ‘cheat element’ in the film.” He further added that he didn’t want to cheat the audience by showing something which wasn’t true.
Whatever maybe the case, the film has caught plenty of attention because of this major change in the script. It remains to be seen what other elements have been changed in the Telugu and Tamil version of the film.
- Legendary producer B Nagi Reddy honored with a postage stamp
- Na Nuvve gets a release date?
- Big surprise: Rajinikanth’s next with acclaimed filmmaker
- Film industry’s strike over digital service providers takes an ugly turn
- Vijay Deverakonda’s next locks its release date