Legendary actor Kamal Haasan suffered severe financial losses due to several ban and re-bans on his film on global terrorism, Vishwaroopam, a few years ago. At one point, a distraught Kamal even threatened to quit Tamil Nadu if his film is not allowed to hit the screens without political hindrances.
In a latest media interaction, Kamal said, “I hate to reiterate a known fact,” said, “my film, Vishwaroopam, was banned and almost sabotaged by the then Tamil Nadu government. All my property was pledged. I was humiliated, almost destroyed.”
Kamal continued saying, “I lost Rs.60 crore. For someone who pays his tax regularly, that is a crippling loss. Thanks to people, I’m still walking.” On the other hand, Vishwaroopam’s sequel has been lying in the cans for the last couple of years.
- Prabhas is one of the biggest actors in India
- Comedian turned hero’s next a romantic entertainer
- Arjun Reddy’s pre-release event tomorrow
- Manoj’s Okkadu Migiladu to be sent to film festivals
- Arjun Reddy braving a huge challenge
Articles that might interest you