Jagapathi babu is currently in demand as a villain in Tollywood. Post his supreme performance in the latest block buster Legend, he has been flooded with offers and has broken the tradition of getting villains from other languages.
However, the actor himself admits that he may not continue as a villain forever. “As of now, the audiences are accepting me because they see something new in me. Even the directors feel easy to work with me as a villain because of the nativity factor. But this might not continue forever. It is not easy to have an innings like the legends, Rajanala or Satyanarayana. The day I become stale and repetitive as a villain, the audiences will reject me,” says the actor frankly.
Jagapathi Babu will next be seen in films like Pilla NUvvu Leni Jeevitam and in a film with Mahesh Babu.
- Take away my National Award if you aren’t happy: Akshay Kumar
- Reputed channel bags Jai Lava Kusa’s satellite rights?
- Indians are lucky: Kamal on Dadasaheb for K Viswanath
- Give dignified roles to your heroines: Jyo’s request to filmmakers
- Revolutionary poet turns lyricist for a Telugu film
Articles that might interest you