Stalwart actor-turned-politician Rajinikanth today said that he will not oppose his friend and political rival Kamal Haasan. Rajini, along with Kamal and many other Tamil film artistes, took part in the Nadigar Sangam’s silent protest against the Sterlite Plant and for the demand of Cauvery Management Board formation.
“I will not oppose Kamal Haasan, he is not my opponent. My opponents are poverty, unemployment and the tears of farmers, fishermen and Sri Lankan refugees,” said Rajini. He further said that Cauvery Management Board should be set up as ordered by the Supreme Court. The Thalaivar went on to warn that the central government will be responsible for the anger of Tamilians if the issues are not resolved.
Rajini also extended support to Kamal’s comments on Anna University’s VC and state Governor. Opining that conducting IPL amid these volatile situation is not a wise move, the Super Star requested the Chennai Super Kings team to wear black badges as a protest.
- Sai Dharam Tej clarifies reports on his film’s title, yet again
- Top Actress Opens Up About Her Struggle With Depression
- Tharun Bhascker’s Next To Release Soon
- Four directors in consideration to helm NTR’s biopic
- Allu Sirish’s new film gets a launch date