Music Maestro Ilayaraja has received a rare honour. At this year’s London Olympics, scheduled to begin in July, Ilayaraja’s song from the 1981 Kamal Haasan flick ‘Ram Lakshman’ will be played along with a few other samples of world music as part of the opening ceremony. The song is ‘Nanthaan Ungappanda’ and this opening ceremony is going to be conducted in a spectacular fashion by Danny Boyle, the director of ‘Slumdog Millionaire’.
Ilayaraja himself is said to have been quite surprised by this decision, more so since the song is not among his most popular ones. The opening ceremony is going to be unveiled at a cost of 27Million pounds and it is indeed a great honour for our very own Ilayaraja to be a part of this. Congratulations Sir.
- Will Pawan, Trivikram surprise their fans with an early treat?
- I’m in the process of convincing Rajamouli with my story: Vijayendra Prasad
- Raashi Khanna Thrilled About Her Role In Tholi Prema
- Tamil Film Industry Unites Over Mersal Controversy, Slams BJP
- Poll : A film from which genre are you expecting from NTR-Trivikram project?