In a disappointing development, Visaaranai, the heart-warming Tamil crime drama which was sent to the Academy Awards as India’s official entry in the Best Foreign Language Film category, couldn’t make it to the final round of nominations.
Visaaranai was directed by Vetrimaaran and produced by actor Dhanush. Despite Visaaranai bowing out of the Oscar race, the film and its team were appreciated for putting up a brave show in the run up to the Academy Awards.
Visaaranai won three awards at the 63rd National Film Awards in the Best Feature Film in Tamil, Best Supporting Actor for and Best Editing categories.
- Bharat Ane Nenu’s Krishna & East 1st weekend collections
- Bharat Ane Nenu’s 1st weekend Guntur collections
- BAN is unstoppable at Australian box office
- Kalyanram’s next with Naa Nuvve’s makers to be launched soon
- Pawan vouches for the self respect of women in film industry