Yet another international honour for Oscar winning music composer AR Rahman. The Japanese government has conferred the prestigious Grand Fukuoka Prize on AR Rahman for his invaluable contribution the Asian culture through fusion music.
The Fukuoka award has been established by the city of Fukuoka and the Yokatopia Foundation to honour the outstanding work of individuals or organizations in preserving Asian culture.
The awards are given under three categories of Grand and Academic, Arts & Culture and Rahman was chosen for the award under the Arts & Culture category.
- Star director to unveil Uyyalawada’s motion poster
- Vijay’s Mersal becomes the first Tamil film to get a Twitter emoji
- Something bigger and better is coming: Akhil
- Rahman to perform live at much-awaited audio launch
- Poll : What did you think of Paisa Vasool’s trailer?
Articles that might interest you