Veteran director K Balachander is full of praise for Tanikella Bharani for making a film like Midhunam. It was Tanikella Bharani’s debut as a director and it was critically acclaimed upon its release last year.
Apparently, a week ago, K Balachander called up Tanikella Bharani and said that he was highly impressed with the film, but he couldn’t watch the complete version on Youtube. When Tanikella Bharani sent him a DVD of the film, K Balachander called him up again and said, “I thoroughly enjoyed the film and it was like poetry on screen.” Incidentally, Midhunam is being screened at the Indian Panaroma section in the ongoing 11th Chennai International Film Festival.
SP Balasuramaniam and Lakshmi played the lead roles in this film which revolves around an old couple who live their life in isolation.
- Noted actress roped in for U Turn’s remake
- Real life couple in Puri’s next
- Rangasthalam’s title song promo to be out today
- Tamil producers cry foul on Vijay’s film
- MLA to showcase Kalyan Ram’s acting prowess