Starting from his debut with Attakathi in 2012, filmmaker Pa Ranjith has been interlacing subtle Dalit references in his work. Ranjith’s subsequent films, Madras and Super Star Rajinikanth’s latest film Kabali, too had some Dalit references and it became a talking point in the media.
In his latest interview, Ranjith revealed that he discusses social inequality in his films as he was deeply affected by the caste-based inequalities since his childhood. Ranjith also said that he doesn’t want to be portrayed as a Dalit filmmaker and said that he would have fought against social injustice even if he wasn’t born in an oppressed community.
- Baahubali is the best Indian film made till date: Karan Johar
- Rakul Preet gifts herself an expensive SUV
- Prabhas had his fans in splits at Mahanubhavudu’s event
- Bollywood superstar behind Sachin’s daughter’s acting debut?
- Mahesh’s whirlwind promotions creating a huge buzz for Spyder
Articles that might interest you