Starting from his debut with Attakathi in 2012, filmmaker Pa Ranjith has been interlacing subtle Dalit references in his work. Ranjith’s subsequent films, Madras and Super Star Rajinikanth’s latest film Kabali, too had some Dalit references and it became a talking point in the media.
In his latest interview, Ranjith revealed that he discusses social inequality in his films as he was deeply affected by the caste-based inequalities since his childhood. Ranjith also said that he doesn’t want to be portrayed as a Dalit filmmaker and said that he would have fought against social injustice even if he wasn’t born in an oppressed community.
- Mahanati’s 16-day Nizam collections, Nears the magical mark
- Anu Emmanuel’s role in Vijay Deverakonda’s next revealed
- Naa Nuvve to be delayed further?
- Whopping budget for star hero’s next directorial
- Ram Charan Makes An Interesting Statement About Box Office Collections