Released amid sky-high expectations on Friday, Super Star Rajinikanth’s intense gangster drama, Kabali, received flak for its lethargic and uninspiring screenplay without the quintessential Rajini brand mass elements.
Many even termed Kabali a wasted opportunity for its director Pa Ranjith, who surprised everyone when he grabbed the once in a lifetime opportunity to direct Rajinikanth last year.
A day after Kabali’s release, the young director reacted to the negative criticism Kabali in an extended interview to a leading English news daily. Ranjith said that Rajini himself was happy after watching Kabali and told him “it is not a usual Rajini film”. The director adds saying that Rajini asked him not to worry about the film saying that “will love it”.
Ranjith further said that takes both negative and positive reactions dispassionately and continue to make movies that will carry social responsibility.
- Vote – 7th Readers Choice Awards : Best Director of 2017
- Trisha completes 15 years in films
- 2 Countries’ audio to be out shortly
- Nikhil’s Kirrak Party’s shooting underway in Rajahmundry
- Teaser of Manjula’s Manasuku Nachindi impresses