Actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan, who is all set to step into active politics very soon, today apologized for hastily supporting PM Narendra Modi’s demonetization. Kamal tendered a public apology in his latest column in a popular Tamil weekly.
“If the PM accepts his mistake, my salaam awaits him,” Kamal said, further adding, “accepting mistakes and rectifying them is a sign of statesmanship”. These statements by the stalwart actor have kicked off an intense debate on social media.
Soon after Modi announced the ban of Rs.500 and Rs.1000 currency notes on November 8 last year, Kamal praised Modi’s move and tweeted, “Salute Mr. Modi. This move has to be celebrated across political party lines. Most importantly by earnest tax payers”.
- Meet Pawan’s ‘Everyday hero’
- Terrific action sequences in Khakee become a hot topic
- I’ll always be a Jawaan in front of my uncles’ homes: SDT
- “Balayya Is Like A God For Me,” Star Anchor Says
- Allu Arjun to begin his Instagram journey with a memorable picture