It is well known that legendary actor Kamal Haasan was director Shankar’s initial choice for his 2010 blockbuster, Robo. Shankar and Kamal even did a photoshoot together, but the film later went to Rajinikanth.
Even before the commencement of Robo’s sequel, 2.0, there were reports that Kamal Haasan will be playing the antagonist’s role opposite Rajinikanth. However, the role was later grabbed by Bollywood star Akshay Kumar.
In his latest interview, Kamal revealed the reason why he refused the role in 2.0. Kamal said that even though he was interested about the project, he didn’t act in 2.0 after knowing that an outside producer was already onboard to bankroll the film.
With an apprehension that the film’s budget and magnitude will not handle both his and Rajini’s image together in one film, Kamal decided to walk out of the sequel. Also, Kamal and Rajini, who acted in numerous films together during the early days of their respective careers, decided to act together after become huge stars only if one of them is producing the film.
- Meet Pawan’s ‘Everyday hero’
- Terrific action sequences in Khakee become a hot topic
- I’ll always be a Jawaan in front of my uncles’ homes: SDT
- “Balayya Is Like A God For Me,” Star Anchor Says
- Allu Arjun to begin his Instagram journey with a memorable picture