Legendary actor and filmmaker Kamal Haasan has been stuck in a myriad of controversies of late. With each film, Kamal has been facing intense heat from political and religious organizations in Tamil Nadu. Recently, VHP’s Chennai wing had called for a ban on Kamal’s upcoming release, ‘Uttama Villain’, claiming that the film hurts sentiments of Hindus.
Ironically, the censor board cleared the film with a clean U certificate but the protesting groups refuse to revoke the ban. Following these developments, the Tamil Film Producer’s Council gathered for an urgent meeting yesterday and announced its support for Kamal’s film. The council, along with the exhibitors’ association, said that it extends it full support for a smooth release of ‘Uttama Villain’.
Directed by Kannada star Ramesh Aravind, ‘Uttama Villain’ will be releasing on 1st May. The film features Pooja Kumar, K Vishwanath, Balachander playing important roles and Ghibran.is the music composer.
- Interesting backdrop for Aadi’s next
- Bharat Ane Nenu’s first single gets a date
- Kajal Aggarwal Launches Roopa Vaitla’s New Brand ‘VEDIK’
- Kamal, Mani Ratnam to share stage with Christopher Nolan
- Bharat Ane Nenu’s teaser is now world’s 2nd most liked