Legendary actor and filmmaker Kamal Haasan has been stuck in a myriad of controversies of late. With each film, Kamal has been facing intense heat from political and religious organizations in Tamil Nadu. Recently, VHP’s Chennai wing had called for a ban on Kamal’s upcoming release, ‘Uttama Villain’, claiming that the film hurts sentiments of Hindus.
Ironically, the censor board cleared the film with a clean U certificate but the protesting groups refuse to revoke the ban. Following these developments, the Tamil Film Producer’s Council gathered for an urgent meeting yesterday and announced its support for Kamal’s film. The council, along with the exhibitors’ association, said that it extends it full support for a smooth release of ‘Uttama Villain’.
Directed by Kannada star Ramesh Aravind, ‘Uttama Villain’ will be releasing on 1st May. The film features Pooja Kumar, K Vishwanath, Balachander playing important roles and Ghibran.is the music composer.
- Review : Kutumba Katha Chitram – Messed Up Dreams
- Telugu Review : Undha..Ledha..?
- From one Superstar to the other, Rajini lauds Mohanlal
- Amid the DSPs row, Suresh Babu warns of a huge agitation in TFI
- Thalapathy Vijay’s picture in CBSE textbooks