Actor and filmmaker par excellence Kamal Haasan is also well respected for his pathbreaking strategies in filmmaking and marketing. During Vishwaroopam, Kamal decided to go for a simultaneous release on DTH. Even though his strategy was strongly opposed by exhibitors, it was hailed as a revolutionary concept in film exhibition.
Now, Kamal plans to release Thoongavanam, the Tamil version of Cheekati Rajyam, on the internet on the 4th of December, less than a month of its theatrical release. The film will be available in Full HD (1080p) format with Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound.
This system will enable the producers to cash in some extra bucks while the craze for the film is still in tact among the audiences.
- Pawan talks about his rendezvous with KTR
- Katamarayudu inching closer towards million dollar club
- Good news for MM Keeravani fans
- Whopping price for Baahubali 2’s live telecast rights
- Versatile artiste’s brush with legendary Hollywood filmmaker
Articles that might interest you