Films and politics often go hand in hand and this is much more relevant in the Tamil film industry, where several high profile films often get caught in a series of political controversies. Latest to join the fray is Karthi’s ‘Komban’.
Recently, a popular leader belonging to a pro-Dalit group filed a case in Madras High Court against the film’s release, saying that the film is based on caste clashes and that it will ignite violence with its pro-Thevar theme.
While the court reserved its verdict, the entire Tamil film industry stood in the support of ‘Komban’ team and the film is finally releasing today amidst uncertainty and threats of boycott by political groups.
- Interview : I’m a very disciplined actor- Victory Venkatesh
- Mahesh23’s first look delayed yet again
- Puri Treated Me Like His Own Son : Ishaan
- Raai Laxmi To Shake A Leg To Her Hit Songs At IIFA
- Katamarayudu’s 4-day AP, Telangana collections
Articles that might interest you