Music Director M.M.Keeravani is a very respected and admired personality in the film industry. After music maestro Ilayaraja, Keeravani is considered to be one of the most accomplished music directors when it comes to instrumentation complexity and background score. Today, Keeravani posted some interesting tweets on his personal account. He has classified singers into 10 types, based on some qualities. Here is that list. This list is no particular order. We are just reposting the order in which Keeravani tweeted.
10 .Gandharvulu – One and Only – S.P.Balasubrahmanyam
9. Shraamika Jeevulu – Those who sing to relax and forget the strain of physical labour
8. Amrutha Kalashaalu – (voices) filled with milk and honey – Eg Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
7. Pumbhaava Saraswathulu – Singers who have progressed beyond ordinary human boundaries – Eg. Mangalampalli Balamuralikrishna
6. Ganitha Sastragnyulu – Eminent Classical Singers
5. Gumpulo Govindulu – Chorus Singers.They will become solo singers one day
4. Vanya Pranulu – Those blessed with a rare timbre, extreme pitch and high bass etc.
3. Sanyaasulu – Good for background songs. Rarely suitable for love songs – Eg. M.M.Keeravani
2. Narulu – Entire Human Race – Anyone can sing a song, atleast one.
1. Amarulu – Those whose voice is filled with life, even after death – Eg. Ghantasaala garu.
- Super Star Rajini salutes God’s own child, Rajamouli
- Veteran politician reveals who’s the real Baahubali of India
- Star actor’s house mobbed by protestors
- To mothers at home and Jawaans at the border: Pawan’s May Day greetings
- Kamal aspires to remake Vinod Khanna’s cult hit
Articles that might interest you