If the ongoing reports in the Bollywood tabloids are anything to go by, passionate director Krish, who is fresh from the grand success of Gautamiputra Satakarni, is all set to direct an epic biopic based on the life and legacy of the warrior queen of Jhansi, Rani Laxmibai. The film is reportedly titled Manikarnika, Laxmibai’s birth name.
The reports further reveal that national award winning actress Kangana Ranaut will be donning the titular role in this magnum opus. Apparently, Krish replaced veteran director Ketan Mehta in the last minute.
Krish will be shooting for the film’s first look on March 23rd. This epic historical drama is being penned by Baahubali’s writer V Vijayendra Prasad.
- Top Actress Opens Up About Her Struggle With Depression
- Bharat Ane Nenu’s Success Meet Postponed
- Nagarjuna to unveil the trailer of Lakshmi’s Wife of Ram
- Allu Sirish’s new film gets a launch date
- Four directors in consideration to helm NTR’s biopic